We accept that there are many people in the first three degrees of Freemasonry that have no idea what goes on in the higher degrees. We also know that there are many churchgoers, who feel they can be both an active Christian and a Freemason. We want to discover whether this is true.
Is Freemasonry compatible with evangelical Christianity?
- Mainstream Scripture belief shows that the taking of oaths is wrong.
- The gospel of evangelical Christianity is open to all, Freemasonry is not.
- There is nothing secretive about the Gospel, there is in Freemasonry.
- Freemasonry is a mixture of many religions and many “roads to God”.
- Names for God used in Freemasonry are not Biblical.
- The Bible is not unique – any religious book is acceptable in Freemasonry.
These are just some of the reasons why Freemasonry and evangelical Christianity are not compatible. For these reasons we do not believe that Freemasonry teaches the truth and therefore we would conclude that we cannot depend on it to lead us to eternal life.
For a more detailed look at the subject press here